Our prestigious MPIOC Annual Awards are nominated and voted on by the entire chapter membership (with the exception of the President’s Awards).
MPIOC congratulates the following members who were recognized with awards at our 2016 Awards & Installation:
- President’s Award – Brian Gilman, Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
- President’s Award – Chip Szmurlo, CMP, Disney Destinations
- Meeting Planner of the Year — Dawn Petran, Meetings & Events Planner
- Supplier of the Year — Visit Anaheim / Jessica Rienecker, CTA, CTP, CMM
- Shining Star of the Year — Murielle Ferdinand, Accor Hotels
- Outstanding Chapter Leadership — David Jacob, CMP, Marriott International
- Hall of Fame Award — Tim Brown, Meeting Sites Resource (In Remembrance)
- Venue of the Year, Special Events — Disney Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Venue of the Year, Monthly Meetings — The Grand Plaza at Anaheim Convention Center
Meeting Planner of the Year recognizes an active Planner MPIOC member who has made significant contributions to both MPIOC and the meeting management profession.
Supplier of the Year recognizes the contributions of an active supplier member who consistently provides innovative services and/or products to effectively support MPIOC and its members
Outstanding Chapter Leadership recognizes an MPIOC BOD member (planner or supplier) who best demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities, inspires others, stimulates volunteer efforts, and contributes to the continued enhancement of our Chapter and the meetings and event industry.
Hall of Fame Award recognizes lifetime achievement of one of our Chapter members. This individual will have demonstrated a minimum of 10 years of dedication, commitment, and service through volunteerism within our Chapter as well as a minimum of 15 years of industry experience.
Shining Star of the Year recognizes and MPIOC member who has consistently volunteered their time and talents as an active committee member. All Shining Star recipients throughout the year are eligible for this award.
Best Supporting Organization recognizes an organization whose sponsorship support of MPIOC exemplifies their commitment to our success and growth.
Host Venue of the Year — Special Event recognizes the outstanding job done in hosting a MPIOC event during the Chapter Year.
Host Venue of the Year — Monthly Meeting recognizes the outstanding job done in hosting an MPIOC meeting or event during the Chapter Year.