The Orange County Chapter of Meeting Professionals International was chartered in 1987 and involves more than 250 meeting planners, hotel representatives and other hospitality industry suppliers. MPIOC typically meets the first Wednesday of the month (except July) with the purpose of providing our membership top-quality educational and network opportunities.
Why Join MPI?
The realities of today’s global business environment? Do more business. Deliver more value. For any meeting professional — whether planner or service provider — having the expertise and resources to deliver powerful returns on investment, ROI, is critical for success.
Founded in 1972, Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the leading global community committed to shaping and defining the future of the meeting and event industry. With more than $26 billion in MPI buying power, MPI defines the return on investment and strategic value meetings bring to individuals, organizations and the global economy. 4,800 planner members exclusive to MPI have about $11.5 billion in buying power. MPI helps its members enhance their professional value by providing them with best practices, superior education, the latest research and trends, professional development and networking opportunities.
- Knowledge is Power
- Meetings Industry Certification Programs
- The Foundation
- The Business Network
- A Global Community
Beyond educational programming, a valuable communications and content platform provides abundant opportunities to stay current and connected.
- MyMPI — combines a vibrant online member community with a single source portal for managing your profile and communication preferences.
- MPIWeb — the Association’s online community delivering late-breaking news, conference Web casts, online conference registration, a job board, planner and supplier directories and a Communities of Interest discussion forum, to name a few.
- Online Membership Directory – MPI Community Directory Our directory allows you to find and connect with members and users across the globe. You are able to search for someone by their name, company, what chapter they belong to, and what membership category they belong to. If they have agreed to make their contact information public, you will see a phone number and email address link provided beside their name.
- MPIWeb Distance-Learning – a Web-based educational experience offering over 250 online courses to customize learning experiences through the Internet.
- The Meeting Professional — Our award-winning monthly publication featuring comprehensive coverage of the international meeting industry.
- MPI Blog — MPI’s award-winning blogs focus on industry issues and trends as well as what’s happening in the MPI community.
- Meetings Outlook — A quarterly report offering a unique look through the eyes of your peers into the future of the meeting and event industry.
Industry-leading certification programs add the power of proven industry acumen and personal distinction in the marketplace.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) – certification focused on the logistics of meeting planning for those with at least two to three years of meeting planning experience.
- Certification in Meeting Management (CMM) — intense residency training on the intricacies of executive-level strategic planning for senior meeting and event professionals.
The MPI Foundation fuels the growth and advancement of MPI members by providing them professional development and career opportunities through grants and scholarships. The MPI Foundation propels the meeting and event industry forward by funding research initiatives that support the strategic plan of MPI.
The industry’s most dynamic global community, Meeting Professionals International (MPI) helps its members do more business and deliver more value by offering a myriad of content-rich, planner- and supplier-focused events and initiatives.
- World Education Congress (WEC) – annual knowledge and business exchange. Traditionally held in early August and drawing thousands of thought leaders from around the world.
- IMEX America — IMEX America hosts the largest trade show and hosted buyer program in the U.S. for the meeting, event and incentive travel industry. Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the largest association of meeting and event industry professionals. These two organizations share a strategic partnership that delivers you unbelievable education, incredible networking and business opportunities at IMEX America October 14 – 16 and Smart Monday powered by MPI on October 13 in Las Vegas.
- eSpeakers Database — MPI is excited to announce the availability of a best in class speaker resource! As an added value for being a member, you will be granted access to the MPI Speaker Resource. This online portal offers you immediate access to an amazing collection of speakers, presenters and subject matter experts. From the convenience of your laptop or mobile device, you can now search a robust speaker database housing more than 8,000 experts and professionals spanning a variety industries, acumens, and life experiences. This new portal will be your go-to tool for finding the perfect speaker for your next meeting or event.
- Local perspective on issues and opportunities
- Education and business networking at the grassroots level
- Leadership training and development
- Timely news and information through Chapter Web sites and newsletters
We invite you today to join MPI, the meeting industry’s global knowledge and business network community.